Thursday, April 24, 2014

Silver lining...

 Being a dreamer, the first saying my mother shared with me was:
"Who looks at the stars will stumble over the stones." I have thought and thought about that one as a child and was always totally offended at the stealing of dreams, being called to reality.
It changed when I learned the expression: "Every cloud has a silver lining." I live with a good window to the east and greet the sun rising almost every morning. This was yesterday's sunrise, illustrating the silver lining in difficult times. One just has to look at it every time there is a silver lining and feel grateful and look for the moon, greet the stars. I promise, you'll feel better. Never mind falling down once in a while looking up and up. You will have had many splendid sights, learned a lot and have many interesting encounters on a possibly rocky road...

No comments:

Post a Comment