Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Olive/Hugo

I was sending off a book to Chinchilla, Pennsylvania. It reminded me of the day Olive, who made a few of my daughter’s dresses, fed me steak during my pregnancy, made wonderful embroidered artwork and worked at Madame Arthur’s as a female impersonator, and I went to have lunch in town on a Sunday. He chose a rather posh fish restaurant and was wearing a long sleeveless astrakhan fur coat with circles cut out by the designer. He had also brought an ocelot coat, old, shedding, but a definite has been drop death gorgeous. This was in the early seventies. We were seated upstairs and Hugo, Olive is the stage name, had noticed that the old widows wore their mink little hats and the little mink (some in faux fur) collars on the coats. So in leaving the place he makes me drape the coat over my right shoulder and stride down those stairs the ocelot ‘slepping’ over them and leaving quite a bit of hair. He had instructed me, when the ladies looked at the scene, to say: ’old but real’. I did and giggling we left. He would always get me in ‘trouble’...
By the way, Hugo also had a small part in 8 1/2 by Federico Fellini...

No comments:

Post a Comment